This scenario allows you to recover your database to specific point in time (which may differ from current SQL Server restore point). Database will be recovered to the closest VM restore point before the moment you specify, and then transaction log replay will be performed on the target server to bring the database to the necessary state. So, to implement this scenario, ensure the following:
- SQL Server transaction logging is enabled - logging and recovery model must be set to full or bulk-logged.
- Transaction log handling in the SQL Server VM backup job settings had been configured to keep log backups: the Backup logs option should be selected.
- You have SQL Server application-aware backup created successfully.
In such a scenario you can also choose to restore to the original or different location.
- To restore via Veeam Explorer, follow the instructions provided in Veeam Explorers documentation.
- To restore via Enterprise Manager, follow the instructions provided in Enterprise Manager documentation.