- Image-level backup job (‘parent’) can be started automatically upon schedule or manually when you click Start on the toolbar.
- Log backup job (‘child’) is initially started when you enable schedule for ‘parent’ image-level backup job, and then it works continuously in the background, with new session beginning each time the ‘parent’ job is started.
For’child’ job to run, the ‘parent’ job must be enabled and have its schedule configured for automatic job runs. If schedule is disabled, and you force image-level SQL Server backup job start manually by clicking Start, no log processing will be performed for SQL Server.
- If you need to stop transaction log processing for all VMs included in the parent job (SQL Server VM image-level backup), select this parent job and use the Disable command from the ribbon or shortcut menu. You can also clear Run the job automatically check box in the job properties.
The Job Manager instructs the child job to complete the remaining steps of log processing for all VMs included in the parent job, and changes the status of both jobs to Disabled (no re-start will be performed after that).
- To re-activate transaction log processing for all VMs in the parent job, clear the Disable property for that parent job in its shortcut menu, or release the Disable tool button on the toolbar.
- If you need to disable log processing for specific VM, go to the job settings and switch log backup off for that VM on the SQL tab of the VM Processing Settings dialog.
- If you need to manually stop both image-level and log backup jobs, then use Stop command from the toolbar or the parent job’s shortcut menu, and then Disable parent job.
- Instant Stop is also performed for both jobs when the Veeam Backup service is stopped, for example, during the upgrade.
Transaction log processing job state is also changed to Disabled when all VMs’ processing intervals are over, or when the backup of SQL Server VM is started.
To delete both jobs from configuration, select SQL Server VM backup (parent job) and use the Delete command from the ribbon or shortcut menu. Child job(s) will be deleted automatically.