Veeam Backup & Replication v9 introduces several new features that can help you increase the efficiency of your SQL Server databases backup, as well as provide more granularity at restore:
- Mount server to optimize traffic at restore operations
- Stand-alone console to simplify administration and support mount operations at local site
- Scale-out backup repository to store backup files in a more convenient, automated manner
- New options for file exclusion prior to backup to decrease backup size and network load
- Remote staging SQL Server support for transaction-level recoveries of the databases
- Database labeling by Veeam backup job
- Table-level recovery of database tables (with no external dependencies)
- Recovery stored procedures, functions, views and other system objects
Full list of improvements and innovations is provided in the What’s New document: https://veeampdf.s3.amazonaws.com/new/veeam_backup_9_0_whats_new_en.pdf.
Database item-level recovery to production SQL Server is supported in Enterprise and Enterprise Plus editions only. Other editions support recovery via export. Please refer to the corresponding document for edition comparison: https://www.veeam.com/veeam_availability_suite_9_0_editions_comparison_en_ds.pdf.