Using with Veeam Backup & Replication
If you have the Veeam backup infrastructure deployed in the production environment, you can use Veeam Agent for IBM AIX together with Veeam Backup & Replication.
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for IBM AIX 4.0 with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 11a (build 18.104.22.1681) or later on the Veeam backup server.
The subsequent sections describe tasks available for Veeam Agent operating in the standalone mode. For information about Veeam Agent management in Veeam Backup & Replication, see Veeam Agent Management Guide.
Veeam Agent for IBM AIX integrates with Veeam Backup & Replication and lets you perform a number of additional disaster recovery tasks and administrative actions with Veeam Agent backups. You can perform the following tasks:
Data protection tasks
- Create Veeam Agent backups on backup repositories
- Copy Veeam Agent backups to secondary backup repositories
- Archive Veeam Agent backups to tape
- Restore files and directories from Veeam Agent backups
- Restore data from Veeam Agent backups to virtual disks
- Export Veeam Agent backups to standalone full backup files
- Import Veeam Agent backups
- Enable and disable Veeam Agent backup jobs
- View Veeam Agent backup job statistics
- Delete Veeam Agent backup jobs
- Remove Veeam Agent backups
- View Veeam Agent backup properties