Veeam Agent for Mac offers three product editions that define product functionality and operation modes:
- Server — a commercial edition that provides access to all product functions and is intended for performing data protection tasks on servers that run macOS.
- Workstation — a commercial edition that offers limited capabilities that are sufficient for performing data protection tasks on desktop computers and laptops that run macOS.
- Free — a free edition that offers the same capabilities as the Workstation edition but does not come with a commercial support program. In contrast to the workstation and server editions, the Free edition does not require a license.
After the license expires, Veeam Agent for Mac automatically switches to the Free edition. To learn more, see License Expiration.
Limitations for Free and Workstation Editions
Compared to the Server edition of Veeam Agent for Mac, Free and Workstation editions have the following limitations:
For the Free edition
- The number of backup policies that you can configure in Veeam Agent for Mac is limited to one.
- If Veeam Agent operates in the managed mode, you cannot use a Veeam backup repository and Veeam Cloud Connect repository as target locations for backup files.
- If Veeam Agent operates in the standalone mode, you cannot use a Veeam Cloud Connect repository as target locations for backup files.
For the Workstation edition
- The number of backup jobs that you can configure in Veeam Agent for Mac is limited to one backup job targeted at a local drive, network shared folder, or Veeam backup repository plus unlimited number of backup jobs targeted at a Veeam Cloud Connect repository.