Using with Veeam Backup & Replication
If you have the Veeam backup infrastructure deployed in the production environment, you can use Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris together with Veeam Backup & Replication.
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris 4.0.1 with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 11a (build 188.8.131.521) or later on the Veeam backup server. For more information on managing connection to a Veeam backup server, see Managing Veeam Backup & Replication Servers.
The subsequent sections describe tasks available for Veeam Agent operating in the standalone mode. For information about Veeam Agent management in Veeam Backup & Replication, see Veeam Agent Management Guide.
Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris integrates with Veeam Backup & Replication and lets you perform a number of additional disaster recovery tasks and administrative actions with Veeam Agent backups. You can perform the following tasks:
Data protection tasks
- Create Veeam Agent backups on backup repositories
- Copy Veeam Agent backups to secondary backup repositories
- Archive Veeam Agent backups to tape
- Restore files and directories from Veeam Agent backups
- Restore data from Veeam Agent backups to virtual disks
- Export Veeam Agent backups to standalone full backup files
- Import Veeam Agent backups
- Enable and disable Veeam Agent backup jobs
- View Veeam Agent backup job statistics
- Delete Veeam Agent backup jobs
- View Veeam Agent backup properties