Restoring from Veeam Recovery Media
If the OS on your computer fails to start, you can use the Veeam Recovery Media to recover your computer. The Veeam Recovery Media will help you boot the computer in the limited mode. After booting, you can use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows or standard Microsoft Windows tools to diagnose problems and fix errors. You can also use a backup created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows to restore the whole system image of your computer or specific volumes on your computer.
Before you boot from the Veeam Recovery Media, check prerequisites. Then take the steps below to recover your computer.
- Boot from the Veeam Recovery Media.
- Select the network adapter or wireless network.
- Launch the Veeam Recovery Media wizard.
- Specify the backup file location.
- Select the remote storage type.
- Specify remote storage settings.
- Select a backup.
- Select a restore point.
- Select the data restore mode.
- Map restored disks.
- Resize restored volumes.
- Start the restore process.