Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is a data protection and disaster recovery solution for physical and virtual machines. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows can be used to protect different types of computers and devices: desktops, laptops and tablets. The solution can be installed on Windows-based workstations, physical servers and virtual machines. To learn about supported OSes, see System Requirements.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows can operate in either standalone or managed mode. Depending on the mode, Veeam Agent provides different features and limitations. To learn more, see Standalone and Managed Operation Modes.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows offers a variety of features to protect your data. You can:
- Create a Veeam Recovery Media on an external hard drive, USB flash drive, CD/DVD/BD, or create an ISO file with the Veeam Recovery Media on disk.
- Create an entire system image backup, back up specific computer volumes or individual folders with files. Backups can be stored on an external hard drive, in a network shared folder, on a Veeam backup repository or Veeam Cloud Connect repository, as well as in Microsoft OneDrive.
In case of a disaster, you can perform the following restore operations:
- Start the OS from the Veeam Recovery Media and use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and standard Microsoft Windows tools to diagnose and fix problems.
- Perform bare metal restore.
- Restore necessary data from backups to its original location or a new location.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows integrates with Veeam Backup & Replication. Backup administrators who work with Veeam Backup & Replication can perform advanced tasks with Veeam Agent backups: perform data restore tasks with Veeam Agent backups, manage Veeam Agent backup jobs or backups created with these jobs.
In This Section