Veeam Backup & Replication lets you deploy and manage Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux (Veeam Agents) on computers in your infrastructure. You do not need to install, set up and operate Veeam Agent on every machine whose data you want to protect. Instead, you can perform the whole set of deployment, administration, data protection and disaster recovery tasks on Veeam Agent computers remotely from the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
Veeam Backup & Replication offers the following Veeam Agent management capabilities:
- Automated deployment and management of Veeam Agents. You can set up Veeam Backup & Replication to automatically discover computers that you want to protect with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and/or Veeam Agent for Linux and install Veeam Agent on these computers. Once Veeam Agent is deployed on protected computers, you can use the Veeam Backup & Replication console to administrate Veeam Agent on multiple computers.
- Centralized configuration and management of Veeam Agent backup jobs on protected computers. You can use the Veeam Backup & Replication console to create and manage Veeam Agent backup jobs on computers in your infrastructure whose data you want to protect.
- Centralized management of backups created by Veeam Agent backup jobs. If you choose to create Veeam Agent backups on a backup repository managed by the Veeam backup server, you can use the Veeam Backup & Replication console to restore data from these backups.
In This Section
- Veeam Agent Management Infrastructure
- Protected Computers Discovery and Veeam Agent Deployment
- Failover Cluster Support