Step 4. Specify Amazon Bucket and Storage Class
At the Bucket step of the wizard, specify an AWS Region and Amazon S3 bucket where you want to store archive backups:
- From the Data center drop-down list, select an AWS Region where the Amazon S3 bucket is located or will be located if you create a new Amazon S3 bucket.
- In the Bucket field specify the necessary bucket. You can create a new bucket or select an existing one:
- To create a new bucket, click Browse. In the Select Bucket window, click New Bucket. In the New Bucket window, enter a name for the bucket. Make sure that this name meets the requirements described in AWS Documentation.
- To select an existing bucket, enter its name into the Bucket field. As an alternative, you can browse all buckets existing in the selected AWS Region. To do this, click Browse and select the necessary bucket.
Mind the following:
- By default, the S3 Glacier storage type is assigned to objects stored in the repository. If you plan to access your data infrequently, for example, twice a year or less often, select the Use the Deep Archive storage class check box. In this case, the S3 Glacier Deep Archive storage class will be assigned to objects stored in the repository.
For more information on storage classes and time required to retrieve data from the archive, see AWS documentation.
One archive repository stores objects of one storage class only. After the repository is created with the selected storage class, the storage class cannot be changed.