AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication is a solution that allows you to create and manage data protection and disaster recovery tasks for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) and Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) environments as well as for Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) configuration. AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication extends the Veeam Backup & Replication functionality and provides access to Veeam Backup for AWS in the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication is built on top of Veeam Backup & Replication, and this guide assumes that you have a good understanding of the Veeam Backup & Replication solution.
With AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, you can add Veeam Backup for AWS appliances into the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure and perform the following operations in the Veeam Backup & Replication console:
- Start and stop backup policies.
- Monitor session statistics.
- View created snapshots and image-level backups.
- Restore VPC configurations.
- Restore entire RDS instances.
- Restore entire EFS file systems.
- Restore entire EC2 instances to Amazon EC2.
- Restore entire EC2 instances as VMs to Microsoft Azure.
- Restore entire EC2 instances as VM instances to Google Cloud Platform.
- Perform Instant Recovery to restore entire EC2 instances as VMs into VMware vSphere or Hyper-V environment.
- Restore entire EC2 instances as VMs into Nutanix AHV clusters.
- Restore guest OS files and folders of EC2 instances.
- Export EC2 instance volumes as virtual disks.