Step 6. Configure Performance Modes and Encryption
[This step is available if you have chosen to restore Amazon EFS file systems to a new location or with different settings.]
At the EFS Configuration step of the wizard, you can select a storage class, performance mode, availability zone and choose whether the restored EFS file systems must be encrypted with KMS keys. For more information on KMS keys, see the AWS KMS keys section in AWS documentation.
- To specify a storage class, performance mode and availability zone, do the following:
- In the EFS file system list, select the necessary EFS file system and click Redundancy.
- In the Redundancy Settings window, do the following:
- From the Storage class redundancy drop-down list, select the necessary storage class. If you want to store the restored file system data redundantly across multiple availability zones, select Regional. If you want to store the restored file system data redundantly within a single availability zone, select One Zone.
For more information on storage classes, see the Storage classes and lifecycle management section in AWS documentation.
- From the Performance mode drop-down list, select the necessary performance mode. Note that for the One Zone storage class, only the General Purpose performance mode can be used.
For more information on performance modes, see the Performance modes section in AWS documentation.
- [For One Zone storage class] From the Availability zone drop-down list, select an availability zone where the file system will be stored.
- Click OK.
- To specify encryption settings, do the following:
- In the EFS file system list, select the necessary file system and click Encryption.
- In the File system encryption window, do one of the following:
- If you do not want to encrypt the file system instance or want to apply the existing encryption scheme, select the Preserve the original encryption settings option. Then click OK.
- If you want to encrypt the file system, select the Use the following encryption password option. From the list of available KMS keys, select the required KMS key. Then click OK.
The following requirements apply: