Step 6. Configure Instance Types and Encryption
[This step is available if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or with different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard.]
At the Instance Type step of the wizard, you can select the type for the restored instances, storage types and choose whether EBS volumes of these RDS instances must be encrypted with customer master keys (CMKs). For more information on CMKs, see Customer master keys (CMKs).
- To specify storage and instance types, do the following:
- In the RDS instance list, select the necessary RDS instance and click Edit.
- In the Instance Type window, do the following:
- From the RDS instance type drop-down list, select the necessary instance type.
For more information on instance types, see Amazon RDS Instance Types.
- In the Disk type area, select the necessary storage type. If you select provisioned IOPS SSD storage, also specify the desired IOPS rate.
For more information on storage types, see Amazon RDS DB instance storage.
- Click OK.
- To specify encryption settings, do the following:
- In the RDS instance list, select the necessary RDS instance and click Encryption.
- In the Disk encryption window, do one of the following:
- If you do not want to encrypt the RDS DB instance or want to apply the existing encryption scheme, select the Preserve the original encryption settings option. Then click OK.
- If you want to encrypt the RDS DB instance, select the Use the following encryption password option. From the list of available CMKs, select the required CMK. Then click OK.
You can encrypt volumes only with the following CMKs: