Step 2. Select EC2 Instances and Restore Points
At the Machine step of the wizard, select Amazon EC2 instances that you plan to restore and select a restore point for each EC2 instance:
- On the right of the wizard window, click Add VM.
- In the Backup Browser window, expand the necessary backup policy, select EC2 instances and click Add.
- By default, AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication restores EC2 instances to the latest state. However, you can restore EC2 instances to an earlier state:
- In the Virtual machines to restore list, select the necessary EC2 instance and click Point.
- In the Restore Points window, select the restore point from which you want to restore the instance and click Add.
[If you restore from image-level backups] Each restore point is marked with a flag of the related retention scheme type: the (R) flag is used to mark restore points created with daily retention, (W) — weekly, (M) — monthly, and (Y) — yearly.
If the selected restore point is stored in an archive repository, Veeam Backup & Replication will suggest you to retrieve data. Without data retrieval, restore process is not possible. For more information on data retrieval and how to configure it, see Retrieving Data from Archive. After you finish the data retrieval wizard, you will return to the restore wizard to finish the restore configuration. Note that the restore process itself will start only after the data retrieval process finishes.
If the selected restore point is stored in both standard backup repository and archive repository, Veeam Backup & Replication will prompt you to choose repository whose data must be used.