Step 8. Specify Credentials
At the Guest OS step of the wizard, specify credentials for the Azure VM where Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance will be deployed:
- From the Create the following administrator credentials drop-down list, select credentials that will be used to authenticate against the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance.
If you have not added credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or the Add button to add the necessary credentials. For more information on adding credentials, see the Credentials Manager section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- In the Use the following key pair field, select a key pair that will be used to authenticate against the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance. If you have not added a key pair beforehand, you can create it.
To create a new key pair:
- Click Add.
- In the New Key Pair window, specify the following settings:
- In the Name section, specify a name for the key pair.
The key pair name must be between 1 and 80 characters in length. It must not contain special characters \/"":|<>+=;,?*@&, whitespace, or begin with '_' or end with '.' or '-' . It must not contain only numbers.
- In the Path section, specify the path to the folder where the private key will be located.
The key pair will be created in the resource group that you have specified at the Subscription step of the wizard. If you have selected to create a new resource group, Microsoft Azure Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication will create the VeeamSSHKeys resource group and will store the key pair there.