Managing Licensed Azure VMs
After you add a Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure, you can monitor the number of protected Azure VMs in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. You can also revoke licenses from protected VMs if you do not want to protect these instances.
Monitoring Licensed Azure VMs
To monitor protected VMs, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, expand the main menu and select License.
- In the License Information window, switch to the Instances tab.
You will see the number of protected instances. Protected VMs are named as Cloud VMs.
Revoking Licensed Azure VMs
You can revoke licenses from protected VMs and reapply them to other objects that you plan to protect. License revoking can be helpful, for example, if a licensed instance goes out of service or you do not want to protect it anymore.
To revoke a license, do the following:
- From the main menu, select License.
- In the License Information window, open the Instances tab and click Manage.
- In the displayed window, select a protected VM and click Revoke. Veeam Backup & Replication will revoke the license from the selected object, and the license will be freed for other VMs or hosts that you want to protect.
For details on viewing licensing information and exceeding a license limit, see the Licensing section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.