Step 5. Specify VM Names and Resource Groups
[This step is available if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or with different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard.]
At the Name step of the wizard, you can change resource groups and specify new names for restored VMs:
- To change resource groups, do the following:
- In the Resource group list, select VMs whose resource groups you want to change and click Group.
- In the Resource group window, select the necessary resource group.
For a resource group to be displayed in the Resource group list, it must be created as described in Microsoft Docs.
- To rename VMs, do the following:
- In the Resource Group list, select VMs that you want to rename and click Name.
- In the Change Name window, specify a new VM name if you have selected one VM, or specify a suffix or prefix that will be added to VM names if you have selected multiple VMs. Click OK.
The VM name that you specify must follow Azure naming rules. Otherwise, the restore operation may fail. For more information on the naming rules, see Microsoft Docs.