To enable the Veeam Cloud Connect functionality, the SP must install the Veeam Cloud Connect service provider license on the SP backup server. For SPs, the cloud connect functionality is licensed per instance. Instances are units (or tokens) that the SP can use to protect tenant workloads. The SP must obtain a license with the total number of instances that is sufficient to protect the number of machines that all tenants working with this SP plan to back up and replicate.
The Veeam Cloud Connect service provider license is intended for the SP backup server only. The SP must not install this license on tenants' backup servers.
Veeam Cloud Connect Scenarios
SPs can use the Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure to provide the following services to tenants:
- Repository as a Service (Veeam Cloud Connect Backup) to tenants who have Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows or Veeam Agent for Linux deployed and want to back up and/or copy machines to the cloud. In this case, Veeam products on the tenant side must meet the following licensing requirements:
- Veeam Backup & Replication on the tenant side may have any type of license installed or operate in the Community edition.
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux on the tenant side must have a paid license installed and operate in the Workstation or Server edition.
To learn more, refer to the product documentation on Veeam Help Center.
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (Veeam Cloud Connect Replication) to tenants who have Veeam Backup & Replication deployed and want to replicate VMs to the cloud. In this case, Veeam backup servers on the tenant side may have any type of license installed in Veeam Backup & Replication or run the Community edition of the product. To learn more, see the Types of Licenses section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
Backup as a Service Scenario
SPs can also provide Backup as a Service to tenants who want to back up virtual or physical machine data and do not intend to manage Veeam backup infrastructure on their own account. In this case, the SP deploys Veeam Backup & Replication and/or Veeam Agents on the tenant side, configures and manages backup and replication jobs and charges tenants for processing tenants' machines. In the Veeam products on the tenant side, the SP must install a rental license for the total number of instances for workloads that the tenant plans to protect.
In This Section
- Veeam Cloud Connect Service Provider License
- Rental License
- Installing License
- Updating License
- Reducing Number of Used Instances
- License Usage Reporting