Performing 1-Click Restore
Authorized users can restore machines included in their scope with a single click.
Consider the following:
Users with the Portal Administrator role have no scope limitations. They can restore machines to their original location. Restore scope for other users is defined as described in the Configuring Restore Scope section.
To restore a machine from backup:
- On the Machines tab, select the necessary machine backup in the list of machines. You can also use search by machine name or filter machines by the backup server.
- Click Restore and select one of the following restore options:
- Select Overwrite if you want to replace the original machine in the production environment with the machine from the backup.
- Select Keep if you want to restore the machine from the backup next to the original machine in the production environment.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager supports machine restore to the original location only. You cannot restore a VM to another location or with different settings (such as network settings, format of restored virtual disks and so on).
- In the Restore window, select a restore point that will be used to restore the machine.
- [Optional] Instead of restoring an entire machine from a backup file, you can instruct Enterprise Manager to recover only those data blocks that are necessary to revert the machine to the selected restore point. To do this, select the Quick rollback check box. Quick rollback significantly reduces the recovery time and has little impact on the production environment.
For more information on quick rollback, see the Quick Rollback section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- [Optional] To start a machine immediately after recovery, select the Power on machine after restoring check box.
- Click Restore. Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager will display a message notifying you of the operation effect (machine from backup will replace the production machine if it is present in the original location). Click Yes in the message window to start the restore operation.
Similar steps can be taken to fail over to a VM replica (this feature is not available for physical machine backups):
- On the Machines tab, select the necessary machine processed by a replication job.
- Click Restore.
- In the Restore window, select the restore point you need.
- Click Failover, then click Yes in the displayed window to confirm the operation.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager will perform failover from the original VM to the VM replica. The VM replica will be powered on after the failover operation completes.
To view the progress of the machine restore operation, on the Machines tab, click History.