To add a search server:
- Open the Configuration tab.
- Open the Search Servers section in the left pane of the Configuration view.
- Click Add at the top of the Search Servers view.
- In the Search Server Settings window, enter a full DNS name or IP address of the server you want to add. Provide a description if necessary.
- By default, the account under which Veeam Backup Service is running will be used for the added server. To specify a different account, select Use these credentials and provide a name and a password of a user with administrative privileges on the search server.
- Specify the port used by the Veeam Backup Search Server Integration Service. By default, port number 9395 is used.
- In the Capacity section, select the type of database server you are planning to use to set a recommended capacity value for the indexing server. Specify the limit of index documents to be created. By default, the limit is set to 300,000 documents.
- Click OK to add the server.
Microsoft Search Server crawls content in the shared VBRCatalog folder on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server. Therefore, the search server account should be granted access to that folder. When you click OK to add a search server, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager will verify if required permissions are granted, and display a warning message if permissions are not enough.
To edit the settings of an existing server, select it in the Search Servers list and click Edit on the toolbar.
To remove a search server, select it in the Search Servers list and click Remove on the toolbar.