Managing Backup Servers
With Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you can perform the following actions with backup servers:
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager allows users to manage jobs across several Veeam Backup & Replication servers and perform restore operations with backups using the information from these backup servers.
To add a backup server to the Enterprise Manager infrastructure:
- Log in to Enterprise Manager using an administrative account.
- To open the Configuration view, click Configuration in the top right corner.
- Go to the Backup Servers section on the left.
- Click Add at the top of the Backup Servers section.
- In the Backup Server Settings window, enter a full DNS name or IP address of the server you want to add, and provide a server description.
- Provide a name and password of the user with administrative rights on the added server. The Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager user must be assigned the Veeam Backup Administrator role on the backup server. For more information see Configuring Backup Server Roles.
- Specify the port used by Veeam Backup Service. By default, port 9392 is used.
- Click OK to add the server.
Limitations for Adding Backup Servers
Consider these limitations when you add backup servers to the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager infrastructure:
- You must not add a backup server to multiple instances of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- You must not add a backup server cloned from an added backup server.
- You must not add a backup server that holds the same configuration database as an added backup server, even after you remove the original backup server from Enterprise Manager. You may have two backup servers with the same configuration database when, for example, you restore the configuration database from one backup server to another. In case you want to manage such a backup server with Enterprise Manager, contact Veeam Customer Support.
- You must not add more than one backup server that has a vCloud Director server in its infrastructure.
- Install the same product version on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server and Veeam backup servers. If you use different versions of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam Backup & Replication, you may not be able to leverage all features in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager supports adding backup servers with Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4 and later.
To edit settings of a server after it was added, select the sever in the Backup Servers list and click Edit on the toolbar.
To delete an added Veeam backup server, select it in the Backup Servers list and click Remove on the toolbar.