Veeam Backup Search is an optional search component; it provides backward compatibility with existing Veeam deployment.This component runs on a dedicated Microsoft Search Server. Veeam Backup Search is not required in case of a new deployment, since indexing data can be processed by using Veeam Backup & Replication built-in mechanism for indexing and search. However, if you used to have this component in your deployment and may need to repair it, you can follow the setup steps described below.
- Install Microsoft Search Server
- Run Veeam Backup Search Setup
- Accept License Agreement
- Choose Destination for Installation
- Specify Service Credentials
- Install Veeam Backup Search
- Specify the Default Account for Crawling Content