Veeam offers a web-based portal for vCloud Director Organization administrators. It facilitates self-service operations for vCloud Director VMs protection, including VMs and files restore. These operations do not require to create specific user accounts or assign specific roles to them at the Veeam Enterprise Manager level. For restore operations, an administrator just accesses the Self-Service Backup Portal using the default URL.
To access the portal, connect to the following URL:
Log in to the portal using vCloud Director organization administrator credentials.
Working with Portal
Using the Self-Service Backup portal you can perform the following operations:
- On the Dashboard tab – view statistics on vCloud Director backups.
- On the Jobs tab – examine and export job sessions data, search for jobs, create new jobs and edit jobs.
- On the Machines tab – search for and restore virtual machines and vApps with a single click to their original location (preserving or overwriting the production VM or vApp).
- On the Files tab – search for the files on the VM guest file system and restore the necessary file(s) to the original location or download to the local machine.
- On the Items tab – perform application item-level restore (currently, for SQL Server and Oracle databases).
In This Section