Providing Access Rights
Users responsible for Exchange items restore must be assigned a security role in Enterprise Manager, and be allowed to access and restore Microsoft Exchange items.
To provide a user with access rights, do the following:
- Assign a security role to the necessary user and allow them to restore Microsoft Exchange items:
- Open the Roles section of the Configuration view.
- Click Add to add an account, or select an existing account and click Edit.
- To allow restore of Microsoft Exchange items, select the Microsoft Exchange items check box.
- Click OK to save the changes.
This makes the Items tab become available to these users after they log in to Enterprise Manager.
For more information on Enterprise Manager accounts and roles, see Configuring Accounts and Roles.
- Specify an Active Directory account that will be used to restore Exchange items:
- Open the Settings section of the Configuration view.
- On the Directory Account tab, specify a user name and password of the necessary account. Make sure the account meets the following requirements:
- The account must be a member of the Organization Management or Domain Administrators group.
- The account must have sufficient rights to access mailboxes. To assign these rights, you can use Exchange Impersonation or grant the Full Access permission to the account. For more information on Exchange Impersonation, see Microsoft Docs.
- Click Save to save the changes.