You can change the list of machines that the job will process by adding or removing individual machines and machine containers (for example, entire hosts or clusters). Jobs with machine containers are dynamic in their nature: if a new machine is added to the container after a job is created, the job will be automatically updated to include the added machine.
To add a machine or a machine container to the list:
- Click the Add button on top of the window.
- In the displayed virtual infrastructure tree, select the necessary object.
To facilitate objects selection, you can do the following:
- Switch between virtual infrastructure views using the buttons in the top right corner.
- Search for objects: type a name or part of a name in the search field at the top of the window. Specify the type of the object from a scroll list next to the search field.
- Click OK to save the changes.
To remove a machine or machine container, select it in the list, and click Remove. If required, you can also exclude individual machines from machine containers (for example, if you need to back up the whole VMware or Hyper-V server excluding several machines running on this server).
To exclude machines from a machine container:
- Select a machine container in the list and click Exclusions on the right.
- In the Exclusions section, click Add and select machines that should be excluded.