To send Microsoft Exchange items as attachments, you must configure SMTP server settings.
To configure SMTP settings. do the following:
- Go to the main menu and click General Options.
- Got to the SMTP Settings tab, select the Configure SMTP settings checkbox and specify the following:
- A DNS name or IP address of the mail server.
- The SMTP port.
- A sender email address. This address will appear in the From field when sending Exchange items.
- Select the Use authentication checkbox If your SMTP server requires SMTP authentication for outgoing traffic and provide valid credentials.
- Select the Enable SSL security checkbox to enable SSL data encryption.
- Click Send to send a test email message.
- Click Apply.