Before You Begin
If you want to restore Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) or Data Guard databases, consider the following limitations.
Restore of Oracle RAC
To restore RAC databases from RMAN backups, make sure you apply the following restore settings. Otherwise, the databases will be restored as standalone databases.
- Restore to original server: You must perform the restore with original name and settings.
- Restore to another server:
- You must perform the restore with original name and settings.
- Oracle home and Oracle directory structure must remain the same.
- You must copy the original control file to the target server.
- For Oracle ASM, the file system structure of the restored database must remain the same.
Restore of Data Guard Databases
In Veeam Backup & Replication 10, Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN has experimental support of Data Guard databases. You can restore Data Guard databases from Veeam Plug-in backups with the following limitations.
- You can restore Data Guard primary databases as primary databases only to original location.
If you restore primary databases to another server, they will be restored as standalone databases. To convert the standalone database to Data Guard primary database, you can the configuration manually.
- You can restore Data Guard standby databases as standby databases only to original location.