You can launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory in any of the following ways:
- To open Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory and automatically add databases to the application scope, follow the procedures, described in the Obtaining Active Directory Database Files section.
- To open Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory as an individual application, go to Start and double-click Veeam Explorer icon.
By default, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory connects to the localhost. When starting Veeam Explorer from the standalone console, provide the following:
- The Veeam backup server name or the server IP-address.
- A port number. By default, the port number is 9232.
- Credentials to connect to the remote server. If you want to use your current account, select Use Windows session authentication.
- Click Connect.
You can save the connection shortcut by clicking Save shortcut link. The shortcut will be saved to the Desktop.