You can start Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory in any of the following ways:
- To open Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory and automatically add databases to the application scope, follow the procedures described in the Obtaining Database Files from Backup section.
- To open Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory as an individual application, go to Start and double-click the corresponding Veeam Explorer icon.
By default, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory connects to the locally installed backup server. When starting Veeam Explorer from the standalone console, you will be prompted for the following settings:
- Veeam backup server name or its IP-address. You can also pick up a recent connection from the drop-down menu.
- A port number. By default, the port number is 9232.
- Credentials under which Veeam Explorer will connect to the server. If you want to use your current account, select Use Windows session authentication.
- Click Connect.
You can save the connection shortcut by clicking Save shortcut link. The shortcut will be saved to the Desktop.