To add Microsoft Exchange Online databases that have been backed up by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, do the following:
- In Veeam Explorer, click Add Store > Veeam Backup for Office 365 server on the Home tab, or right-click All Stores in the navigation pane and select the corresponding shortcut menu command:
- Specify connection settings to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server:
- Specify server name or its IP-address,
- Specify service port number (default is 9194)
- Provide user account to access the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server. You can select to Use Windows credentials if current account has sufficient access rights.
- Click Connect.
This method will add all databases that were backed up to the repository during the latest run of the backup job(s) configured in Veeam Backup for Office 365.
If you want to explore, a single database as of the certain point in time, you can open the Add Store dialog and specify the path to the .adb file you need. Another way is to use the Explore command in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 as described in the Exploring Backups section.
If you have Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 and Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange deployed on different machines, you can explore backed up Exchange Online databases only if you add them to the scope as described in this section - that is, opening Veeam Explorer first and then connecting to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server.