Continue with this section to learn more about:
- Browsing your backup content
- Opening Messages
- Searching for objects in a backup file
- Using advance search
To view the content of a backup file, you use the navigation pane which shows you the database structure containing your Exchange objects.
After you select an object in the navigation pane, you can see its content in the preview pane.
To open a message, right-click a message in the preview pane and select Open.
The search mechanism allows you to find items matching specified search criteria.
To search for required items, do the following:
- In the navigation pane. select an object in which you want to find your data.
- Type in a search query using the search field at the top of the preview pane.
To find the exact phrase, use double quotes. For example, “Office 365”.
You can narrow your search results by specifying various search criteria using the criteria:value format. You can also use logical upper-cased operators such as AND, OR and NOT along with wildcard characters such as * and ?.
The Advanced Find mechanism allows you to define your search criteria more precisely.
For example, to find messages, the subject of which is Report, do the following:
- In the preview pane, select a node and click Advanced Find.
- In the Define search criteria section, select Category > All fields.
- In the Field list, select Subject.
- In the Condition list, select Contains.
- In the Value field, specify a substring to look for.
- Click Start.
To remove a filter, click the cross mark on the left. To remove all configured filters, click Reset.