This section covers considerations and known limitations of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
For Microsoft Outlook 2016 the preliminary releases, like Insider releases or releases provided through Monthly Channel Updates are not supported; Veeam supports only RTM/GA versions of the product. For more information. see this Microsoft article.
Opening databases created with Exchange Server 2016 CU5 or higher on a machine running Windows 2008 might fail when using the corresponding version of the ese.dll file. To solve this, do any of the following:
- Sending objects that exceed 3MB in size may fail. For more information, see this Microsoft article.
- Multiple restore is not supported for public folders. Use usual (per-object) restore instead.
- If you want to restore In-Place Hold Items or Litigation Hold Items to the original location, consider the following:
- In-Place Hold Items restore is not supported for On-Premises Exchange Server 2013 due to EWS limitations.
- To restore In-Place Hold Items of Exchange 2016 mailboxes, these mailboxes must have In-Place Hold enabled and applied at least once with DiscoveryHolds system folder creation. Otherwise, restore will fail with the following error:
"Failed to restore In-Place Hold Items. Restore of In-Place Hold Items into Exchange 2013 is not supported".
For information on enabling In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold, see this Microsoft article.