On the last step, read the summary and click Finish. The processes that follow will depend on whether the backup job had application-aware image processing enabled or not:
- If the Exchange Server VM was backed up using the application-aware image processing, Veeam will do the following:
- Automatically obtain the database file from the Exchange Server via File-Level Restore (FLR), mounting Exchange file system to the local machine.
- Launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- Add the database to Veeam Explorer scope. You will then be able have to find and restore necessary Exchange items.
- If the Exchange Server VM was backed up without the application-aware image processing, Veeam will do the following:
- Run FLR, mounting the file system of the VM to the local machine.
- Open Veeam Backup Browser window, from which you will be able to launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- You may need to manually configure Veeam Explorer (that is, specify the path to the ese.dll file), then locate and add the database file to its scope. After that you will be able to find and restore the necessary Exchange items.