This section lists system requirements for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
For more information about supported versions of Microsoft Exchange, see:
Consider the following:
- To work with database files, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange requires the ese.dll dynamic link library supplied with Microsoft Exchange. The ese.dll file must be of the same version as that of Microsoft Exchange in which database files were created.
- To restore mailbox items from a server running Microsoft Windows ReFS, the Veeam backup server or management console must be installed on a machine that runs Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or later.
- To restore mailbox items from a server running Microsoft Windows ReFS 3.x, the Veeam backup server or management console must be installed on a machine that runs Microsoft Windows Server 2016 or later, and the ReFS version must be supported on this machine.
- To restore data that was backed up by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v1.5 via PowerShell, make sure to install Windows PowerShell 2.0 or later.
- Restore of a mailbox datastore from backups created by Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0 and later requires integration with Veeam Backup & Replication to be set up, as described in the Using with Veeam Backup & Replication section of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.