This section lists system requirements for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
For more information on supported versions of Microsoft Exchange, see the Supported Applications subsection of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
Consider the following:
- If you plan to restore mail items from an Exchange Server VM running Microsoft Windows ReFS, consider that Veeam backup server or management console (that is, the machine where Veeam Explorer and the mount service are running) must be installed on the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or later.
- To restore from a server running Microsoft Windows ReFS 3.x, Veeam backup server or management console (that is, the machine where Veeam Explorer and the mount service are running) must be installed on the Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
- If you are going to use Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange to restore data backed up by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v1.5 and plan to use PowerShell cmdlets for restore, consider that Windows PowerShell 2.0 or later will be required; PowerShell 4.0 recommended.
- Restore of mailbox datastore from backup created by Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0 (and later) requires integration with Veeam Backup & Replication to be set up, as described in the product documentation.
- The machine hosting Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange may not belong to the same domain as the original (backed up) Exchange server.