Step 5. Specify Restore Options
At this step of the wizard, specify restore options and click Restore.
The restore options are as follows:
- Changed items. Allows you to recover data that has been modified in your production environment.
- Missing items. Allows you to recover items that have been deleted in your production environment.
- Restore permissions. Allows you to recover permissions. If not selected, the permissions for the recovered document library or list will be set as follows:
- If the library (or list) does not exist on target, it will be created inheriting permissions from the parent object.
- If the library (or list) already exists on target, permissions will be preserved.
- Restore list views. Allows you to recover your list views.
- History restore options. Allows you to select a version:
- Overwrite. To overwrite data in the production environment by recovering only the latest version of the document from the backup.
- Merge. To merge an existing version of the document with that of a backup version.
If not selected, all the versions in the production environment will be replaced with the corresponding data from the backup file.
The Send a notification by e-mail to the users with permissions to the file check box is available only when restoring data from backups created in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 for Microsoft Online organizations.