To obtain content database from a VeeamZIP file, you can use full VM recovery or guest OS file-level recovery. To obtain a database using this approach, do the following::
- Perform guest OS files restore for the virtualized Microsoft SharePoint server. See Veeam Backup & Replication documentation for details on performing guest OS file restore.
- On the Veeam Backup Browser toolbar, click Open in Explorer, then locate the Microsoft SharePoint content database files from which you want to restore data (see Locating Content Database File). Copy the path to the clipboard and click SharePoint Items to start Veeam Explorer.
- Manually add selected database to the Veeam Explorer scope, providing the path to the database file as described in the Adding Database to Veeam Explorer Scope section.
If you choose to restore SharePoint items directly from the mounted VM file system, do not close Veeam Backup Browser until you finish restore operations. Closing Veeam Backup Browser automatically unmounts the file system of the backed up VM.
If you need to keep SharePoint content databases hosted on the staging Microsoft SQL Server for a period of time that is longer than a File-Level Restore session, it is recommended that you copy the database files to a different location rather than restoring them directly from the mounted VM file system.
To copy Microsoft SharePoint content database files, do the following:
- In the Backup Browser, open the File view.
- In the navigation tree, locate the folder where content database files reside.
- Select Microsoft SharePoint content database files (.mdf) and associated log files (.ldf).
- On the Backup Browser toolbar, click Copy To.
- In the Choose folder dialog, specify the location to which you want to copy database files and click OK.
- Open the folder to which files were copied and copy the full path to the target directory to clipboard. You can now launch Veeam Explorer and add the database file from backup that was copied.
For details, see Adding Database to Veeam Explorer Scope.