Having your Microsoft SQL Server VM application-aware backup created successfully with the necessary log processing options applied, you can use Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server to restore the required database using preferred scenarios. Generic procedures are as follows:
- Recover database file(s) (as well as log files, if available) from the SQL server VM backup, replica or a VeeamZip file. See Recovering Database File from VM Backup.
- In case of manual recovery, add a database to the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server scope. See Adding Database To Veeam Explorer's Scope.
- View database information to make sure database backup settings allow you to follow the restore scenario you need. See Viewing Database Information.
- To restore or export database(s) to the original location, use 1-Click Restore and 1-Click Export.
- To restore or export database(s) to another location, follow the required scenario, as described in the corresponding section later in this document. See Restoring Databases and Exporting Databases.