This section explains how to restore folders and items back to the production environment.
Consider the following when restoring In-Place Hold Items and Litigation Hold Items to the original mailbox system folders:
- Restore of In-Place Hold Items is not supported for Exchange Server 2013 due to Exchange limitations.
- In-Place Hold Items of Exchange 2016 mailboxes must have In-Place Hold enabled and applied at least once with the DiscoveryHolds folder creation. For more information, see this Microsoft article.
To restore a folder or mailbox item, do the following:
- In the navigation pane, select a folder or mailbox item.
- On the Folder/Items tab, select Restore Folder/Item > Restore to or right-click a folder/item and select Restore to.
- Proceed to Specify Target Mailbox and Domain Account.