Veeam Explorer for Oracle allows you to view and recover databases from the Oracle server VM backup. Veeam Explorer can restore databases from backups created by backup jobs, from imported backups, and from storage snapshots. Both, Windows-based and Linux-based VMs are supported.
For database-level recovery, you do not need to fully restore and start the virtual machine hosting your Oracle server. Instead, you can use Veeam recovery capabilities to mount the selected restore point of Oracle server VM to Veeam backup server and then specify how you want your database to be restored.
Veeam Explorer for Oracle offers the following capabilities:
- Browsing Oracle database hierarchy
- Restoring databases to the original server or different server, including quick and easy 1-Click Restore
Veeam supports several database restore options:
- To the current point in time (that is, to the moment when currently selected Oracle VM backup was created)
- To the selected point in time (here log replay will bring the database to the desired point)
- To the state before selected transaction
Availability of these options depends on Oracle VM backup settings.
Before start using Veeam Explorer for Oracle, make sure that you have read the following sections: