At the Credentials step of the wizard, specify credentials for a user account with administrator privileges on the storage system.
- From the Credentials list, select credentials to connect to the storage system. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right of the Credentials field to add the credentials. For more information, see Managing Credentials.
- [For Dell EMC VNX block storage] Select the scope to which the user account belongs:
- Select Global if the user can administrate all VNX systems in the domain.
- Select Local if the user can administrate only a single VNX storage system in the domain.
- Select LDAP if the user can administrate all VNX systems that use the LDAP server for authentication.
- [For Dell EMC VNX file storage] When you add a storage system, Veeam Backup Free Edition saves a fingerprint of the SSH key of the management server to the configuration database. During every subsequent connection to the server, Veeam Backup Free Edition uses the saved fingerprint to verify the server identity and avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
To let you identify the server, Veeam Backup Free Edition displays the SSH key fingerprint.
- If you trust the server and want to connect to it, click Yes.
- If you do not trust the server, click No. Veeam Backup Free Edition will display an error message, and you will not be able to connect to the server.
If you update the SSH key on the server, you must acknowledge the new key in the server connection settings. To do this, in the Storage Infrastructure view right-click the storage system, select Edit storage, pass through the Edit Storage wizard and click Trust to acknowledge the new key.