At the Schedule step of the wizard, you can select to run the file copy job manually or schedule the job to run on a regular basis.
To specify the job schedule:
- Select the Run the job automatically check box. If this check box is not selected, you will have to start the job manually to copy files or folders.
- Define scheduling settings for the job:
- To run the job at specific time daily, on defined week days or with specific periodicity, select Daily at this time. Use the fields on the right to configure the necessary schedule.
- To run the job once a month on specific days, select Monthly at this time. Use the fields on the right to configure the necessary schedule.
- To run the job repeatedly throughout a day with a set time interval, select Periodically every. In the field on the right, select the necessary time unit: Hours or Minutes. Click Schedule and use the time table to define the permitted time window for the job. In the Start time within an hour field, specify the exact time when the job must start.
A repeatedly run job is started by the following rules:
- Veeam Backup Free Edition always starts counting defined intervals from 12:00 AM. For example, if you configure to run a job with a 4-hour interval, the job will start at 12:00 AM, 4:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 4:00 PM and so on.
- If you define permitted hours for the job, after the denied interval is over, Veeam Backup Free Edition will immediately start the job and then run the job by the defined schedule.
For example, you have configured a job to run with a 2-hour interval and defined permitted hours from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. According to the rules above, the job will first run at 9:00 AM, when the denied period is over. After that, the job will run at 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
- To run the job continuously, select the Periodically every option and choose Continuously from the list on the right.
- To chain jobs, use the After this job field. In the common practice, jobs start one after another: when job A finishes, job B starts and so on. If you want to create a chain of jobs, you should define the time schedule for the first job in the chain. For the rest of the jobs in the chain, at the Schedule step of the wizard, select the After this job option and choose the preceding job from the list.