Veeam Backup Free Edition supports restoring data from tapes that were recorded on another Veeam backup server. To read data from such tapes, Veeam Backup Free Edition must first catalog the tapes and store the information about them to the Veeam backup database.
To load tapes written on another Veeam backup server, follow the next steps:
- Load the tapes into the Import/Export slot or directly into the tape library magazine.
- If you loaded the tapes to the Import/Export slot, import the tapes. To do this, open the Tape Infrastructure view, expand the Libraries node and select the library to which you have loaded the tapes. Click Import Tapes on the ribbon. You can also right-click the necessary library in the working area and select Import Tapes.
- If you loaded tapes into the tape library magazine, rescan the tape library. To do this, click Rescan Library on the ribbon. You can also right-click the necessary library in the working area and select Rescan.
- The tapes will appear in the Unrecognized media pool.
- Right-click the tapes you want to import and select Catalog Tape.
- The tapes will be moved to the Imported media pool. The Imported media pool will be created automatically. When the tapes are imported, you can view and restore data written to them.
If you load tapes directly into the tape library magazine, make sure you rescan the tape library before you perform any other operations on tapes.