Veeam® Backup & Replication™ is a data protection and disaster recovery solution for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments of any size and complexity. Veeam Backup & Replication serves to solve the most critical problems of virtualized infrastructure management and protect mission-critical VMs from hardware and software failures.
The solution can operate in two functionality modes: full mode and free mode.
- When you run Veeam Backup & Replication in the full functionality mode, you get a commercial version of the product that provides access to all Veeam Backup & Replication capabilities.
- When you run Veeam Backup & Replication in the free functionality mode, you get a free version of the product, Veeam Backup Free Edition, that provides limited capabilities. You can back up single VMs (create VeeamZIP™ files), recover VM data from VeeamZIP files, storage snapshots, perform file copy operations, migrate VMs and work with tape media.
This help describes the capabilities of Veeam Backup Free Edition. For more information about the capabilities provided by Veeam Backup & Replication, do one of the following:
- Switch to the full functionality mode and press [F1] on the keyboard or select Help > Online Help from the main menu.
- Access Veeam documentation on the website: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup/resources.html
- Switching Between Full and Free Functionality Modes
- Changing Color Theme
- Backup Infrastructure
- Data Recovery
- VM Migration
- File Copy
- vCloud Director Support
- Integration with Storage Systems
- Tape Device Support