At the Helper Appliance step of the wizard, select an ESX(i) host on which you want to place the helper appliance.
To locate the appliance:
- At the bottom of the window, click Customize.
- In the Host field, specify an ESX(i) host on which the helper appliance must be registered.
- In the Resource pool field, specify a resource pool to which the helper appliance must be placed.
- In the Network section, specify an IP address and other network settings for the helper appliance. The appliance must be placed in the same network where the backup server resides.
- To enable FTP access to the restored file system, select the Enable FTP server on appliance check box. As a result, users will be able to access the helper appliance over FTP, browse the file system of the restored VM and download necessary files on their own.
- If you are performing restore of a VM with the Novell Storage Services file system, select the Restore Novell Storage Services file system check box. Veeam Backup Free Edition will deploy a specific appliance that supports the Novell Storage Services file system.
- Click OK.
When choosing an ESX(i) host for the helper appliance used for file-level restore from the Novell Storage Services file system, make sure that it allows running VMs with 64-bit guest OS'es.