At the Access Options step of the wizard, specify options for accessing the storage system.
- The Protocol to use list displays protocols over which the storage system can work. Select check boxes next to protocols over which you want to work with the storage system.
- If you plan to work with specific storage volumes, you can limit the storage rescan scope. In this case, Veeam Backup Free Edition will rescan only the volumes that you select. Limiting the rescan scope reduces the amount of time required for the rescan operation.
To select volumes for rescan:
- On the right of the Volumes to scan field, click Choose.
- In the Choose Volumes window, select volumes that you want to rescan. To exclude volumes from rescan, select All volumes except, click Add and select volumes from the list. To rescan only specific volumes, select Only these volumes, click Add and select volumes from the list.
If you leave the Automatic detection option selected, Veeam Backup Free Edition will rescan all volumes in the storage hierarchy.
After you finish working with the wizard, you can change the rescan scope and start the rescan process manually at any time. For more information, see Re-Scanning Storage Systems.
If you plan to use Backup from Storage Snapshots, you need to make sure that you include in the rescan scope volumes on which VM disks reside.
- Operations of storage rescan and Backup from Storage Snapshots are performed with the help of a backup proxy.
In Veeam Backup Free Edition, the backup server performs the role of a backup proxy.Send feedback | Updated on 4/4/2017