Veeam Backup Free Edition offers a variety of restore options:
- From VeeamZIP files created for VMware VMs, you can restore an entire VM, VM guest OS files, VM hard disks and VM files (VMDK, VMX and so on).
- From VeeamZIP files created for Hyper-V VMs, you can restore an entire VM, VM guest OS files and VM files (VHD, VHDX, XML and so on).
To restore VM data, you can use a VeeamZIP file created in Veeam Backup Free Edition or any backup file or VeeamZIP file created in Veeam Backup & Replication.
Veeam Backup Free Edition does not support batch restore for full VM recovery: at a time, you can perform restore of a single VM only. That is, if you create a backup file for a number of VMs in Veeam Backup & Replication and use this file for restore in Veeam Backup Free Edition, you will need to select only one VM.
To restore VMware VM data directly from storage snapshots, you can use the capabilities of Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots. For more information, see Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots.
Instant VM Recovery capabilities are not available in Veeam Backup Free Edition.
- Performing Restore in Microsoft Hyper-V Environment
- Performing Restore in VMware vSphere Environment
- Restoring Application Items