The Resource Group step of the wizard is displayed if you have selected the Resource Manager model at the Deployment Model step of the wizard.
At the Resource Group step of the wizard, you can:
By default, Veeam Backup Free Edition restores a machine with its original name. However, you can define a new name for the restored machine if necessary.
To define a new name for the machine:
- In the Resource group list, select the machine and click Name.
- In the Change Name window, enter a new name explicitly or specify a change name rule — add a prefix and/or suffix to the original machine name.
By default, Veeam Backup Free Edition creates a new resource group for the restored machine and places the machine to it. If necessary, you can place the machine to an existing resource group.
- In the Resource group list, select the machine and click Group.
- In the VM Resource Group window, select the necessary option for the machine:
- Select Place VM into the existing resource group if you want to place the machine to an existing resource group. From the list below, select the necessary resource group.
- Select Create a new resource group if you want to create a dedicated resource group for the restored machine. In the Name field, enter a name of for the new resource group.
In the new resource group, Veeam Backup Free Edition automatically creates a Network Security Group, a dynamic public IP and network interface.
Microsoft Azure subscriptions have default limits on the number of resource groups. If you decide to create a new resource group, make sure that you do not exceed limits of the subscription.