At the VM Size step of the wizard, you can:
- Select a size and storage account for the restored machine
- Exclude specific disks from the restored machine
To select a size and storage account for the machine:
- In the Azure VM Configuration list, select the machine and click Edit.
- From the Size list, select a size for the restored VM. By default, Veeam Backup Free Edition selects the smallest VM size that can support the number of disks for the restored machine.
Make sure that you select the right VM size that corresponds to the initial machine configuration. The VM size affects the number of CPU cores, memory and disk resources that will be allocated to the restored machine. For more information, see https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-size-specs/.
- From the Storage account list, select a storage account whose resources you want to use to store disks of the restored machine. The storage account must be compatible with the VM size you select.
If you choose to configure the Azure proxy in the Resource Manager deployment model, the list of storage accounts will contain only general purpose storage accounts. Blob storage accounts will not be displayed in the list of subscriptions. For more information about account types, see https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-create-storage-account/.
- Click OK.
Microsoft Azure subscriptions have default limits on the number of CPU cores. Make sure that the VM size you select does not exceed limits of the subscription.
If necessary, you can restore only specific disks of the machine.
To exclude specific disks of a machine:
- In the Azure VM Configuration list, select the machine and click Exclusions.
- In the Disks to restore window, select check boxes next to disks that you want to restore.