Veeam Backup Free Edition supports Microsoft Hyper-V VMs whose disks reside on Microsoft SMB3 file shares and lets you create VeeamZIP files for such VMs.
To work with VMs residing on Microsoft SMB3 shared folders, you must add to the backup infrastructure the following components:
- Microsoft Hyper-V host on which VMs are registered
- Microsoft SMB3 server or cluster hosting shared folders with VM disks
Before adding a Microsoft SMB3 server or cluster, check prerequisites. Then use the New SMB3 Server wizard to add the server or cluster.
- Launch the New SMB3 Server wizard
- Specify a server name and address
- Specify server type
- Specify credentials
- Review components
- Finish working with the wizard
- Configure SMB3 shares