Managing Licensed Workloads
After you add a Veeam Backup for GCP appliance to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure, you can monitor the number of protected VM instances in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. You can also revoke licenses from protected workloads if you do not want to protect these workloads.
Monitoring Licensed Workloads
To monitor protected workloads, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, expand the main menu and select License.
- In the License Information window, switch to the Instances tab.
You will see the number of protected workloads under the Cloud VMs type.
Revoking Licensed Instances
You can revoke licenses from protected workloads and reapply them to other objects that you plan to protect. License revoking can be helpful, for example, if a licensed workload goes out of service or you do not want to protect it anymore.
To revoke a license, do the following:
- From the main menu, select License.
- In the License Information window, open the Instances tab and click Manage.
- In the displayed window, select a protected workload and click Revoke. Veeam Backup & Replication will revoke the license from the selected object, and the license will be freed for other workloads that you want to protect.
For details on viewing licensing information and exceeding a license limit, see the Licensing section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.