Dell EMC Unity XT/Unity, VNXe, VNX Limitations
If you plan to perform operations with Dell EMC storage snapshots, consider the following limitations:
The following limitations apply to Dell EMC VNXe storage systems:
- [For VMware, Veeam Agent integration] In Dell EMC VNXe, you cannot export more than one storage snapshot for a LUN or LUN group concurrently. For this reason, Veeam Backup & Replication can perform only one task that uses storage snapshots at the same time.
- [For VMware integration] In Veeam Backup & Replication, tasks have the following priority levels (starting with the highest priority): restore task > backup job > rescan task. If you start several jobs or tasks that use storage snapshots, Veeam Backup & Replication will check what priority tasks have and perform the following actions:
- If a LUN snapshot is exported for storage rescan and you start a backup job or restore task at the same time, the rescan process will fail.
- If a LUN snapshot is exported for a backup job and you start another backup job at the same time, the second backup job will be waiting until the first backup job is finished.
- If a LUN snapshot is exported for a restore task and you start a backup job at the same time, the backup job will fail (or failover to the regular processing mode if corresponding settings are enabled in the backup job).
- If a LUN snapshot is exported for a backup job and you start a restore task at the same time, the restore task will be waiting until the backup job is finished.
This limitation does not apply to Dell EMC Unity storage systems.
[For VMware, Veeam Agent integration] The following limitations apply to Dell EMC VNX Block storage systems:
- Veeam Backup & Replication supports LUNs that reside on Storage Pools.
- To take LUN snapshots, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the VNX snapshot technology. Make sure that you have a license that covers this technology. The SnapView snapshot technology is not supported.
[For VMware integration] The following limitations apply to Dell EMC VNX File storage systems:
- A read-only checkpoint can have only one writable snapshot. If a read-only checkpoint already has a writable snapshot, Veeam Backup & Replication uses this writable snapshot for restore.
- Writable snapshots are not detected by the storage rescan process and are not displayed in the storage system hierarchy.
[For VMware, Veeam Agent integration] Make sure that multiple proxy servers are not part of a single Server object.